I have had it mentioned to me that the younger generations don’t respond well to written instructions. Thus, I think it may be worth my effort to feature examples of visual media that teach lessons on manliness. The first one is:
From which we can learn several points on being manly.
1. Never hit a woman. Unless, of course, she’s some amazon athlete type and you are having a friendly sporting competition. Or, unless she asks you to. So, to clarify this point, never hit a woman in anger, and then never very hard.
2. Always go armed. Most of the time you won’t need a gun, but, in those rare instances where the use of firearms is appropriate, it’s not at all likely that you will be able to call “time out” and have the leisure to go home and fetch your pistol.
3. Upon making bail, it’s usually wise to spend a day or two with your parents, so you have time to get a feel for the situation that has developed from your actions that landed you in jail. A good part of acting manly is based on understanding the mess you’re in, and preparing for the consequences.
4. If you are lucky enough to attract a woman who smokes, drinks, and still looks as hot as the babe in this video, examine your motives several times before doing something to piss her off. Really, there are an astounding number of people wondering around that deserve to be pissed off, so why crap so close to home?
5. A shotgun usually trumps machismo.
In summary, to be a good hunter it’s necessary to think ahead, so it’s manly to do so.
This instructional video is by Miranda Lambert performing “Gunpowder & Lead.”